Capacity Rating and Debottlenecking
Genesis has a strong track record in building bespoke capacity models to meet specific client needs using proven in-house tools.
Scroll down for more
How We Can Help
Understanding the capacity of a plant is fundamental to maximising the value of an asset. Whether that’s increasing plateau rates, maximising late life operation, or understanding the impact of a new field.
Genesis produces debottlenecking assessments that can realise enhanced production capacity in a facility, providing the opportunity to monetise better reservoir performance, introduce new fields or change operating conditions.
How We Can Add Value
Genesis applies a systematic approach that allows rapid identification and focus on the most constrained areas of plant to avoid unnecessary scope.
- Understand the drivers of the client and ask the right questions around hard and soft facility limits to frame the study:
- Which areas of the plant are affected?
- Are design excursions time-limited by production profile?
- Can operating parameters be adjusted to mitigate the impact?
- Are there second-order impact on utilities, services and plant logistics?
- Provide options to optimise and debottleneck / modify parts of the plant including cost estimation.
- Our service is characterised by flexibility and responsiveness, adapting as our clients’ needs change.
- Extensive experience of building complex process simulations and benchmarking of our models against plant operational data has proven time and again to deliver exceptional results.
What Sets Us Apart
A team of process engineers with a depth of experience in performing capacity assessments of varying degrees of complexity. We have proprietary in-house tools available and use these where they complement the engineering assessment:
- Bespoke hydraulic models with Graphical User Interface (GUI);
- In-house automated equipment rating tool applying a standardised equipment rating method to a whole plant;
- A range of standardised, proven, design tools for detailed equipment rating.
We have access to a pool of over 200 process engineers and can call on specialists from other engineering disciplines, as needed. We can quickly mobilise a highly capable and cost-efficient study team.
Our comprehensive capacity rating services include:
- Steady-state model builds;
- Benchmarking against actual plant performance;
- Determine allowable operating envelopes for required specifications;
- Incorporation of rotating equipment performance curves;
- End to end hydraulics and import/export pipeline hydraulics;
- Assessment of impact on relief devices and systems;
- Thermowell vibration analysis;
- Control valve operational assessment;
- Dynamic Simulation for complicated plants with integrated multistage compression;
- Performance testing support to benchmark / prove enhanced capacity of the plant.
- Continued operations support post debottlenecking
- Aspen Suite of Software
- Honeywell UniSim Design
- PIPESIM - Steady-state simulation for pipelines
- Excel-based GUI – linked to process modeling software
- In-house equipment sizing tools
- In-house plant capacity rating tool
- Genesis Brownfield cost estimation tool.
- In-house Safe Operating Limits tool.