Bacton Energy Hub
Pre-feasibility of a giga Green Hydrogen plant
Scroll down for more
Client: UK North Sea Transition Authority
Scope: Green Hydrogen, Pre-feasibility/scoping level definiton
Location: East England, UK
- Vision: Decarbonise the Southeast of England with wind power; blue hydrogen & CCUS; transitioning into green hydrogen by 2040.
Genesis, as part of the special interest group, performed prefeasibility for giga Green Hydrogen plant including integration with power source considerations (wind & grid).
What Genesis did
- Technology review
- Scoping level definition for 2:1 GW Green Hydrogen plant
- Power source and water requirements
How we added value
- View on technology innovation roadmap in the future
- Alternative cooling solution to reduce water requirements
- Opportunities to combine elements of development with the blue hydrogen plants